The Human Growth Hormone (HGH) is an essential hormone for cell regeneration and also helps in maintenance of vital organs like brain. This hormone is produced naturally in the body by the pituitary gland and its levels are at peaks during adolescence and tend to decrease gradually with age. Health human men typically have less than 5 nanograms per millilitre. Good exercise, sleep and proper diet are the key generators that enhance the natural production of this hormone. However, with age and in some disease conditions the pituitary gland might not produce the required amount of HGH. In such cases an rhgh treatment is recommended.
The HGH is also responsible in increasing muscle mass and bone density, this has made this hormone as a supplement for bodybuilders and athletes to gain or lose weight quickly. The HGH manufactured in the laboratory is known as rHGH and is prescribed to those individuals in whom the pituitary gland is not able to produce the hormone naturally. The artificial supplements are manufactured in the form of pills and injections. Below are the benefits of rhgh treatment.
- Increase Muscle strength: This hormone has been known to improve physical capacity by increasing the muscular strength.
- Better Fracture Healing: Administration of rHGH has shown to speed up regeneration of bone and has become a key part in bone healing.
- Enhanced Weight Loss: Obese individuals have limited response to growth hormone stimuli release, and after successful reduction of weight, growth hormone responsiveness can be partial or complete. Growth hormone accelerates lipolysis, the breakdown of lipids and involves hydrolysis of triglycerides into glycerol and free fatty acids, and impaired secretion of human growth hormone leads to loss of lipolytic effect.
- Stronger Bones: The HGH hormone is essential for bone growth especially during puberty, with age, human growth hormone decreases and may be the cause of older individuals not being able to form or replace bone rapidly.
- Reduced Cardiovascular Disease Risk: Adults who are growth hormone-deficient have an increased risk for cardiovascular disease, leading to decreased life expectancy.
The above benefits may sound alluring; now a day’s people have started using these rhgh supplements for anti-aging and weight gain or loss purposes. There are certain side effects of the artificial HGH supplements. The Major side effects include enlargement of the fingers and toes, skeletal changes, growth of the orbit, and lengthening of the jaw. The internal organs also can enlarge. Since the skeletal muscle increases in size there is often risk of muscle weakness.
Although in conditions of deficiency of the HGH hormone in children and any defect in the pituitary gland the artificial supplements could be used for a limited period, but using these supplements for as anti- aging or weight management could do more harm to the body. In a healthy body in order to increase the natural production of HGH, you need to exercise more and have a healthy diet which could lead to increased energy levels, exercise performance, lean muscle mass, hair growth and stronger bones.